Monthly Favourites: October Edition

11/11/2016

October is one of my favourite months of the year. The fall spirit is very active this month and I just enjoy all the spooky-related Halloween things that appear at this time of the year. I've rounded up a ton of my favourite items that I've tried, tested and loved! Even though it is now November, I still feel the fall vibe really strong. Below are my cult favourites, but I would like to know your monthly favourites down in the comment section!




As shocking as it may be (not really shocking if you know me well) but candles take up a ton of my money! I'm always searching for a candle that fits my current mood. I was at the mall and I passed Bath and Body Works and just as I walked by, a strong whiff of vanilla hit me. I walked in and went to the salesperson and I honestly said "What is that smell I'm smelling"! LOL. Thankfully he knew exactly what I was talking about and he guided me to this candle and it was exactly what I wanted. They were burning this particular candle in the store which is why the smell was very strong. My sister ended up paying for it (love you sis!) and I went home a happy child. The candle kind of smells like vanilla to me for some reason. I've never had or smelt pumpkin before (I know shocking.... considering fall is my favourite season) and I don't really know what pecan smells like which is probably why I can't really describe the smell to well. It's honestly my favourite candle and I hope it stays in the permanent collection! 


You're probably wondering what in heavens name is this glob. This is a luxury bath oil from LUSH. LUSH is my go-to place for natural and effective products. Whether it be for the skin, hair or bath, I always find everything I need here. I was at LUSH to take a look at their new Halloween collection and I came across this. I believe this a part of their permanent collection. I've never used a bath melt before but the LUSH associate taught me how to use it. I was shocked at the price because it was only $3.50 making this product very cost effective. I bought only one because I wanted to test it out before stocking up on it. Just like the bath bombs, you pop this into your bath water and let it melt. As it melts, it diffuses a peachy orange colour into the bath and the smell of lemongrass and mango fills up the room. I personally love the feeling of oils so this was right up my alley. As you are in your bath, your skin feels smooth and hydrated. It's a very nice feeling and the smooth skin lasts long after the bath. I'm not really a lotion type of gyal so to be able to get out of the bath, not ashy, and very smooth makes this a holy grail product for me! 



I've heard tons of great reviews about the Huda Beauty Lashes for the longest time and I am in LOVE. I purchased the 'Scarlett Lashes' a couple of months ago and I did enjoy it but I felt it was too dramatic for everyday use. I then decided to try out the 'Samantha' lashes and I DIED. At first I was scared that these lashes would be too natural for my liking, but  words cannot describe how amazing these lashes are. I wear these on a daily basis and it looks very nice with any makeup look. The lashes intertwine with each other to give it a fluttery effect. I love these lashes so much but they are always sold out at Sephora when I go in store. I will have to make sure to purchase a few of these the next time I do some online shopping. I also wanted to mention that with good care, these lashes last me a good month and a half. 



I've never tried a lip cream palette before but I was really eager to try this one out. The colours are right up my alley and I've been wanting a lip palette so that I can mix and match colours. The colors are a tad bit darker than they are showing up in the picture. This colour combination is perfect for when I want to wear neutral eyes. The formula is really creamy and the pigmentation is oh my god crazy. The colours also look really natural on my lips. Its crazy because I've been wearing a ton of matte lipsticks lately and it gives my lips those chapped appearance, but this is totally hydrating on the lips. 



This month I've decided to cave in and purchase the Champagne Pop Highlighter by BECCA Cosmetics. This best selling highlighter was created by Jaclyn Hill. Becca makes amazing highlighters that aren't too glittery but very pigmented. I have trouble finding a highlighter because my skin is medium-tan and I felt that this highlighter was going to look odd on me. I previously used to use the Global Glow highlighter by MAC and I found it to be too gold for my liking. I was start struck when I swatched this highlighter on at Sephora. It's one of those products that you should buy in person rather than online. I love using this highlighter on the daily and I receive many compliments on it. This highlighter would look amazing on every skin tone. The formula is quite creamy and a little goes a long way. I personally find that using my fingers gives me the best application. This is going to be a staple in my makeup regimen for a long time!


I have seen and heard reviews on Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks everywhere! I purchased the lipstick in the shade 'Ashton' a while back and it was a favourite of mine but I wanted a plum berry colour. I decided to purchase this one, it is in the shade 'Vamp'. I noticed immediately though that this lipstick was FAR more creamier in texture compared to the 'Ashton' I had. It was very silky and I was kind of shocked because Ashton and Vamp are from the same collection so I had no idea why they would be so different in formula. Maybe I just got a bad batch. Nonetheless, ABH makes some really good pigmented lipsticks. This colour looks like a plum-cherry colour on me with more red tones than purple. The only downside to these liquid lipsticks is that when it gets flakey, you have to remove the lipstick from your lips first and then reapply. I've never had to reapply my lipstick before so this isn't really a problem to me. This colour is amazing for fall but I also feel like it has a holiday vibe to it, what do you think? 




You Might Also Like

0 comments